Lomi Lomi massage: A traditional Hawaiian massage & its benefits
Lomi Lomi is a traditional massage, which has its roots in Hawai. It is an amalgamation of massage techniques, nut oils, and sometimes prayer, breathing, and dance to restore energy and soothe the body. It is said to go far beyond the massage, as it also reflects the connection we have with the land, the ancestors, and the breath of life.
It works on the belief that memories are stored not just in the brain but also in the cells of the body. It promotes personal harmony and allowing you to relax and give in to the nurturing touch. The strokes are done with hands and forearms in a sweeping motion. Gentle stretches and joint rotations are common in this massage. The massage on the abdomen are is emphasized as it helps in releasing body toxins and improves the functioning of the organs.
What are the benefits of the Lomi Lomi massage?
Lomi Lomi massage aims at treating the mind and the body as a single unit. It is said to have the following benefits:
- It helps in releasing tension in joints and muscles
- It helps in assisting blood flow and lymph flow
- It helps in eliminating toxins and waste from the body
- It boosts the immune system and helps in faster healing
- It lowers blood pressure and slows heart rate
- It increases range of motion, flexibility, and posture
- It alleviates pain and reduces stress
It will free up your energy flow and help you feel blissfully nourished and relaxed from top to toe. Make some time to wallow in the afterglow, enjoy the peace before you return to the real world. Think of Lomi Lomi as your little piece of Hawai that can be experienced at Hwan Thai Spa.